The XD15 is a very high-output, wide-bandwidth, two-way system equally suited to portable live sound applications, theatre sound and fixed installations. It features a high-specification 15” (380mm) low frequency drive unit and a 1.4” (35mm) exit compression driver mounted on a user-rotatable 80° x 50° constant directivity horn.
- Versatile, multi-angle plywood enclosure
- Very high-output two-way system
- 15″ (380mm)/4″ (100mm) coil, ultra-long excursion, low-distortion neodymium LF driver
- 1.4″ (35mm) exit, titanium dome, neodymium HF compression driver
- Rotatable 80° x 50° horn for portrait or landscape orientation
- Switchable passive/bi-amp crossover
- 8 ohm nominal impedance
- Integral pole-mount and M8 rigging inserts
- Comprehensive mounting options and accessories
- Portable live sound reinforcement
- Theatre Sound
- Fixed Installations
- High power stage monitor
The 15” (380mm) LF driver has a lightweight 4” (100mm) voice coil and flux demodulation rings to reduce distortion at high excursions. Its neodymium motor system combines high sensitivity with low weight and advanced cooling reduces power compression to negligible levels. The 1.4” (35mm) exit HF driver has a 3” (75mm) pure titanium dome and ultra-high flux neodymium motor system for maximum efficiency. The internal LF/HF crossover is switchable between passive or bi-amp operation, depending on user requirements.
The XD15 is the perfect solution for very high-power applications where flexibility, ease of installation and speed of deployment are important factors. The versatile, multiangle enclosure and rotatable horn facilitate either horizontal or vertical orientation, and comprehensive brackets support the full variety of mounting options – including surface, ceiling and pole mount. Integral M8 inserts for simple eyebolt suspension increase the options even further. In its horizontalconfiguration, the XD15 is also ideal as a very high-output stage monitor.
When used in bi-amp mode, or with a subwoofer such as the Wavefront SX118 or SX218, it is recommended that the XD15 is used with the Martin Audio DX0.5 or DX4.0 controller. When operated as a passive system, it may be used without a controller, but will benefit from the DX0.5 or DX4.0.